So, at post-midterm (since Whitney was sick for my midterm), Whitney basically looked me in the face and said "so you REALLY plan on going through the whole semester...without finishing ANYTHING, just having in-progress work." And we both decided that was kind of ridiculous. So she asked me to finish pages, instead of just trying to INK THEM ALL.
So here's my first leap into that.

It's not quite finished yet! There should be a border added, and of course, a lot of text explaining shit (I've been so secretive about that), but this far-along-work-in-progress is way open for crit!
oh dude this is awesome. This has some amazing colors and stuff working for it. And because i have to say something crit-like
ReplyDeleteI would maybe like some stonger style suggestions in the image? like does the map come from one of those countries or are there those monster doodles in the water. Or even, coffee rings from some one using the map. Or was it made by a guy who draws really really detailed, or uses more symbols than actual trees to let you know its a forest. Other than that the color oh man, i just think the world needs more splash color. its looking great keep going!
Totally agreeing with the color....*drool* So excited to see this finished. You rock!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are moving pieces towards completion! It's exciting to see! Then we won't have to wait so long to see the finished products!
Two things: I would make the outline of the continents a little more textured. More juts and inlets. They seem a bit simplified for continents. And I KNOW YOU CAN DRAW WICKED DETAILED AND AWESOME!!!!! (hehehe) Here is a cool map I found that maybe visually expresses what I am thinking rather than verbally, well typed. http://www.karttaikkuna.fi/Russia/IMG0027.jpg (russian map of ocean.)
Secondly, I would suggest some type of maplike element to make the map feel more usable. Longitude/Latitude lines? Compass Rose? Legend? This is where you can put really put Taylor's advice to use. Tie them in with your border, and you should be good to go!!
KEEP IT UPPPPP!!!!!! *thumbs up*
Thanks so much, this is all really helpful! I'll keep it all in mind for progressing further!
ReplyDelete