concept art for the first 3 pages i have done (so far) showing the design for the hauvesch animal the ritehen
Im still debating weather or not i should go the super clean route or keep to the texture feel. Im really really worried about this idea and if in the end the whole texture thing will work out and look as nice as i want it too.
lemme know what you think
now that i have actually done a page with color though i have a little more hope for the concept of the book and think it might end up looking pretty snazzy.
I love the textured feel. it gives your work another level. *thumbs up*
ReplyDeletethe colored work looks really nice by the way!
Hm, not to be a cop-out, but I think you should hold off on the book designing until you've complied your materials. The saturation decrease is a plus, to be sure. Anyway, most publishers wait until they have all the stuff, then hand it off to the designer. I think. I could be wrong. It's something to keep in mind, to be sure.
ReplyDeleteI really do enjoy your handwritten notes within the context of the idea for the book, but legibility is an issue, so for blocks of text... Well, we talked about that. I love your giant snow owl steed, if I can call it that. The ritehen. He is so charming, I want to punt him D: It's good that you considered variants within the species. It makes you look...what's the word? Thoughtful. Yeah!
Speaking of pictures and layouts, on that particular page (page 4), is that text at the bottom just to help us realize which bunch of concepts it is, or is that going to part of the book layout? Just wondering...
By the way, Taylor, if you called me on Saturday, I'm sorry I didn't answer. I seem to have lost my phone because I'm a champ
This is looking fantastic, and seconding Julia's opinion about sketching different varieties within the same species. I think the colors are working out fantastic (you definitely have a way with them) but possibly you might need to push it a little further to go for a more natural or antiquated feel, if that's something you wanted to go for. I love all the sketches, but maybe try to break the rythym a little more? Instead of just a bunch of sketches of fully formed creatures, some skeletons, feathers, footprints, droppings, ect, might be fun things to consider adding.
ReplyDeleteSeriously awesome work so far, everything looks fantastic! (One minor thing - should it say "Concpet" at the bottom of each page, or is that a typo?)