Monday, September 28, 2009

Here is my stuff for last week and partly this week, but I'm just gonna say for last week as well. :D

Hey ladies! These are my character designs for last week and some of this week. For all intents and purposes, I am just going to say that this was all last weeks homework, and that for next Thursday, I will have a mock-up of one of these in pastel.  Thanks ladies! Sorry I am such a procrastinator too...*sheepish grin.* 

Louhi the evil witch.

Ether Maiden
Water Pigmy
Ukko the supreme God 
Another idea for Ether Maiden 
Couple of Vainamoinen ideas. 

2 comments:

  1. For all of the characters i think they have a strong base idea, but as the colored version of the fish man dude, i think drawing the characters, not worrying about if they are really polished or not but more of a personal note, and work out the character forms a little more so they are easier to recognize from far away or in just outline. The last character is my favorite so far. His body shape boots and cloak break the outline of a normal human form and make him more iconic and easier to recognize. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are really solid works in progress, echoing what Taylor said...I'm not fully familiar with this story, so I think it'd be helpful for me personally for you to give some background and describe the direction you're taking with each design when you post them up, that way I can give more specific advice on whether the designs and ideas are working visually. Work on pumping up style! Do rough sketches that exaggerate stupidly as well as more realistic sketches and find your comfortable medium ground.

    ReplyDelete